Ok, file this one away for future reference:
-If you find these two containers of leftovers in the fridge:
1) about half a serving of veggie chili leftoever from the huge pot your brought to Karen’s party yesterday
2) misc calzone ingredients–black olives, garlicky mushrooms, and tomatoes
You will really like this mixed together into one dish and heated up in the microwave. Yeah.
And cheers to a nearly-perfect day yesterday:
1) An extra hour of sleep (woohoo!)
2) Family Meeting to discuss the ways different cultures commemorate death, learning about The Day of the Dead celebration coming up on Nov 2, then a super-tasty veggie lunch at the Gypsy Den w/the youngish Friends group
3) A friend’s call to say she couldn’t use her tickets to the afternoon’s symphony performance and would we want them? A feverish dash by me and CatGirl to make it to the concert. And o-mi-gosh. The new Segerstrom Concert Hall. It is breathtaking. We were just two stories above Carl St Clair’s wild gesticulations, his leaping and stomping on the podium. When it was over, CG couldn’t believe that the time had passed so quickly!
4) Karen’s annual Pumpkin Slaughter Party (pictures to follow soon). A divine tomato salad by Karen and a gingery fruit salad by Ned. Lots of pumpkin guts. Then an end-of-the-evening display complete with scary music. Best of all, Karen’s health problems which had us so concerned at last year’s party, are now almost completely alleviated. Joy!