- 15 years of experience with authoring and publishing dynamic, client-rich web content.
- Administrator for Blackboard 8, for both Courses and Community Site Management.
- Administrator for WordPress.com, WordPress.org and WordPress 3.0, having used them to develop numerous websites, and having a wide ranging familiarity with the capabilities of each platform and their usage for both blogging and content management. Also, familiar with the functionality of Blogger.com, having managed sites on this platform for 5+ years.
- Administrator of several successful Twitter accounts, including @janaremy (my personal account with a following of over 550) and @Mhpodcast (my academic account).
- User and Trainer (and evangelist!) for Zotero, a browser plug-in for creating bibliographies and organizing research.
- General user-level familiarity with a wide-variety of software and tools, including Flickr, Facebook, Foursquare, Brizzly, Skype (with the Pretty May plugin for audio recording), Hiveminder, Yelp, GoogleSuite (i.e. GoogleMaps, GoogleCalendar, GoogleBooks, GoogleScholar, GoogleReader, etc), and various mashups of such tools.
- Hosting Services such as Bluehost (for web content) and Libsyn (for podcasting). Familiar with protocols for publishing a wide variety of media to the web, including publishing syndicated content to iTunes.
- Audacity audio-editing software (for podcasting)
- Familiarity with both Mac and Windows OS, with some experience within a Linux OS environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, Excel, etc.