A meme from alisonwonderland:
I’m tagging everyone on this one–answer either in the comments or on your blogs (but please do leave a comment here if you reply to the meme):
Tanya, John, JohnW, Caroline, Margi, Amy, Deborah, Brooke, Christi, Seymour, Dora, BIV, Lorell, RyanH, Elise, and the rest of you readers out there… :)
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Umm…tea. Duh.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? Wraps them. He used to wait until Christmas Eve for them to appear. But this year they appeared about Dec 1st.
3. Colored lights on the tree, or white? White.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I wish. Anyone have some for me?
5. When do you put your decorations up? I aim for T-Day weekend, but it’s usually later than that.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? John‘s clam dip, Mom’s rolls, yams, and rotkohl.
7. What’s a favorite holiday memory from your childhood? Hmmm…maybe this goofy little Santa play that my big sis and I wrote and acted out when we were about 8&9 years old. I was Santa–wearing my bright red Danskin turtleneck and pants. And Becky dressed up as a reindeer in her brown velveteen jumper (with a lipstick-red nose)
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember. As far back as I can recall Mom was puting the gifts under the tree.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With homemade ornaments, origami cranes, paper flags from all the countries that we’ve visited, and a slew of applesauce-cinnamon ornaments to make everything smell yummy.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love visiting it. Dread living in it
12. Can you ice skate? Not anymore.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Every year I had a different favorite.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Tradition and family time.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Just about anything pumpkin-ish.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Saving up the Halloween candy for making gingerbread house-ish creations (just you wait, I’m already planning the AVCT 3.0 gingerbread extravaganza this weekend–anyone wanna join in the fun??). Also, handmade Christmas gifts for my sibs.
17. What tops your tree? A big golden bow. Someday I want something better, but the right topper just hasn’t found me yet.
18. Which do you prefer – giving or receiving? I love it all as long as neither is too excessive.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I really love Sting’s “Gabriel’s Message.” I also love Harry Connick Jr and Amy Grant’s Christmas Albums–I can belt out every song! My favorite Christmas hymns are “Far, Far Away on Judea’s Plains” and “O Little Town of Bethlehem.”
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or yum? Pretty yucky, IMO. I don’t like sucking on sugary candy because it makes my mouth feel all sticky and yucky inside. That said, though, I’m a sucker for anything toffee-ish.